Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Advancing Nonprofit Excellence in Delaware
DANA offers a wide array of services to assist nonprofits with their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts. Whether you are just starting out or have already put some work in, we can help to advance DEI within your nonprofit. Regardless of which stage your organization is in, DANA recommends starting with an assessment to guide your DEI journey. In partnership with the Michigan Nonprofit Association, DANA offers a DEI assessment tool which can be completed online, as well as the following services:
- DEI webinars/workshops
- Board development
- Strategic planning
If your organization is new to DEI work, then the events and resources in this stage will provide the foundation for DEI basics such as DEI terminology, understanding why DEI is important, and assessing what your organization’s DEI needs are.
- DEI assessment tool*
- Do It Yourself
- Discussing Racism in the Workplace
- Why Data-Driven Assessments Are the Key to DEI Strategies
- The Critical Importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Meetings and Hospitality Industries
- Why Diverse Teams are Smarter
*DANA members receive a discount for this online assessment. If there is a barrier to paying for this assessment, please contact DANA to discuss as we seek to find partners who may help to underwrite this cost.
- Cultural Humility vs. Cultural Competence
- Transformational Capacity Building
- Policy Examples of Race Discrimination
- Organizational Barriers to Inclusive Workplaces
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Nonprofit Bylaws, NEO Law Group, Michele Berger, October 18, 2018.
- Governance Documents: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Nonprofits, NEO Law Group, Hana Takagi, August 10, 2018.
Sample DEI Policies
If you are interested in seeking additional information or assistance, click here.