Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Advancing Nonprofit Excellence in Delaware
DANA offers a wide array of services to assist nonprofits with their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts. Whether you are just starting out or have already put some work in, we can help to advance DEI within your nonprofit. Regardless of which stage your organization is in, DANA recommends starting with an assessment to guide your DEI journey. In partnership with the Michigan Nonprofit Association, DANA offers a DEI assessment tool which can be completed online, as well as the following services:
- DEI webinars/workshops
- Board development
- Strategic planning
If your organization is new to DEI work, then the events and resources in this stage will provide the foundation for DEI basics such as DEI terminology, understanding why DEI is important, and assessing what your organization’s DEI needs are.
- DEI Assessment Tool* – Michigan Nonprofit Association
*DANA members receive a discount for this online assessment. If there is a barrier to paying for this assessment, please contact DANA to discuss as we seek to find partners who may help to underwrite this cost.
- Do It Yourself – Members Only
- Why Data-Driven Assessments Are the Key to DEI Strategies, Meetings Today
- Eliminating Racism in the Workplace, SHRM
- Making DEI mandatory, Fortune
- 20 ways majority-white nonprofits can build authentic partnerships with organizations led by communities of color, Nonprofit AF
- Discussing Racism in the Workplace, Forbes
- The Critical Importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Meetings and Hospitality Industries, Meetings Today
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Nonprofit Bylaws, NEO Law Group, Michele Berger, October 18, 2018.
- Board Recruitment Matrix
- Standards for Excellence – Sample DEI Plan – Members Only
- Standards for Excellence – Sample Cultural Competency Policy – Members Only
If you are interested in seeking additional information or assistance, click here.