Open Doors to Greater Success
What Is DANA?
DANA is an alliance of nonprofits, small businesses, individuals, foundations, government, faith organizations, and partners who invest in the success of Delaware nonprofits. Together, this alliance works to strengthen, enhance, and advance nonprofit excellence throughout Delaware because we believe that a strong nonprofit sector positively impacts all Delawareans.
DANA leads the sector by representing the diverse and inclusive voice of nonprofits in Delaware.
How To Join
Becoming a member of DANA gives your organization unparalleled access to partnerships, education, support, and solutions that only DANA provides to its members. As a nonprofit leader, you will enjoy a level of support and coaching that is not readily available anywhere else. You will never need to go it alone again – the Alliance is here for you.
Nonprofit members benefit from services designed to support capacity-building, nonprofit sustainability, and organizational and leadership excellence, including:
- Affordable, high-quality learning and education
- Advocacy training and support
- Connections to like minded leaders
- Opportunities to collaborate with fellow nonprofits
- Solutions to challenges nonprofits face
- Sector research
- Access to partners in businesses, state, and local government
- Operational and outcomes benchmarks through our national partner, Standards for Excellence®
- Individualized strategic guidance from DANA staff and partner experts
- Numerous discounts and free resources beneficial to nonprofits
Associate Members and Alliance Partners enjoy connection to and interaction with our nonprofit members and benefit from education and resources that DANA makes available to all members.
Benefits For Nonprofit Members
Communities of Practice (CPs)
Join other DANA members who share similar nonprofit roles in a small group setting. Led by a DANA expert, these online communities are designed to foster in-depth learning, facilitate convening and networking, create a shared desire to strive for excellence within the sector, and offer a safe place for nonprofit professionals to connect with each other.
- Public Policy Community
- Marketing and Communications Community (in partnership with Delaware Business Times)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Community
- Fund Development Community (in partnership with AFP)
- Executive Director/CEO Peer Community
- Outcome and Evaluation Community
DANA Concierge Services
DANA is now offering fund development technical assistance. We will connect you with a technical advisor/consultant who can provide an overall grant review*, assist you in creating a case for support, or provide a financial analysis (such as project budgeting or cash flow analysis). The first review is free for members, with a low rate for additional grant reviews or support.
*Non-governmental grants only
DANA Advisory Services
Some of our signature advisory services include:
- Leadership development and retreat facilitation
- Board Excellence training and coaching
- Planning, development, or review of Strategic Plans
- Implementation assistance for Strategic and Operational plans
- Financial planning assistance
- Organizational and personal assessment
- Outcome evaluations
- Guided execution for governance, HR, and more
- Mentoring through imbedded talent within your organization
- Mission implementation and delivery
We are pleased to offer GrantStation at a significant discount to help your organization find the right grantmakers, build a successful grants plan, and write winning proposals. GrantStation helps nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and government agencies by providing resources for securing the grant funding available to fulfill their mission and programs.
Through our partnership with GrantStation, DANA Members can purchase an annual GrantStation membership for $95. That’s about 87% off the regular price of $699, and less than any of their promotional rates throughout the year! A link to subscribe to GrantStation can be found in your members-only InfoHub.